Welcome to My Skinny Chick Diary

You have just opened the pages of my "Skinny Chick" diary. You will read the words of wisdom from my (and your) inner "Skinny Chick". You may be surprised at what you read. This diary recounts my journey as my "inner" Skinny Chick meets my new "outer" skinny chick. How does this transformation actually happen? Read and you will find out how listening to your inner "Skinny Chick" can transform you too.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Inner Meets Outer

I am a "skinny chick". Not just on the inside anymore (which is still hard to believe). My inner "skinny chick" has now morphed into a new outward "skinny chick" appearance for all to see. This sounds like a great thing to most people, and don't get me wrong, it is. I am happy to be 35 pounds lighter and healthier than I was before. It's just that now I can't hide from her. She is now living on the outside instead of just on the inside. I still hear her voice, now it is speaking to a room full of people instead of just to me.

Losing 35 pounds has totally transformed my way of life. I now work full-time for Weight Watchers, which is the weight-loss plan that I followed to lose weight. I am a meeting leader who is responsible for motivating, educating and inspiring people to reach their weight-loss goals. I absolutely LOVE my new job! There is nothing more rewarding than being able to share my experiences with Weight Watchers in order to help others like me.

I have to admit, though, that there are days when I struggle with the outer "skinny chick" that I have become. I look in the mirror and say, "Who is this person?" I hear her (my inner "skinny chick" that is ---because she is still there) say to me, "It's you."

I truly can't believe the person that I have become. I actually cook now instead of going through the drive-thru. I am training to run my first 10K in January. I eat things like Greek yogurt, skim milk, baked sweet potatoes, brown rice, wheat pasta, sugar-free everything and I actually LIKE it! Who am I!!!

It will take some time and adjustment, but I think I can get used to the outer "skinny chick" that I've become.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Renee! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! It makes me smile (inside and out) every time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee - WOW!!! I am so incredibly proud of you - look at this hot mama =) Congratulations and keep pushing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the wonderful comments and support!

    ReplyDelete