Welcome to My Skinny Chick Diary

You have just opened the pages of my "Skinny Chick" diary. You will read the words of wisdom from my (and your) inner "Skinny Chick". You may be surprised at what you read. This diary recounts my journey as my "inner" Skinny Chick meets my new "outer" skinny chick. How does this transformation actually happen? Read and you will find out how listening to your inner "Skinny Chick" can transform you too.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections

I can't say that I'm happy that 2011 is coming to an end. I really think that this year has been my best year ever. Many of you who follow my blog or know me personally may assume that it has to do with my 35-pound weight-loss or being selected to represent Weight Watchers, alongside others, in their national advertising campaign--"Believe." I can say, those are two of the highlights of my year. However, as I sit back and reflect on the snapshots of events that occurred this year, I am reminded that there were so many other things that have significantly changed my life forever.

I was baptized this year with my husband. This event was so significant because, although my husband and I both grew up in Christian homes, and have believed Jesus Christ to be our personal Savior since childhood, we had never publicly professed it. It was amazing to demonstrate our love and obedience to God in front of our family and friends. This really was a catalyst to my spiritual growth. I believe that this growth is the foundation for all of the other internal changes that I have been able to make this year.

Yes, I did lose 35 pounds this year and I am continuing to maintain that loss. This phrase in itself is amazing, however, I am most proud of the healthy habits and behavioral changes I have made to my lifestyle. I never thought that I would be training for a 10K and looking forward to running a half-marathon in the near future. I am proud to say that I have kicked my addiction to fast-food and I am more aware of the food that I am putting into my body.

My proudest accomplishment is that I FINALLY know me. I am so aware of who I am and what I believe in. I know what I am passionate about and what makes me "tick." This is a peace and a clarity that is indescribable. I also have the pleasure and the honor to work and make a career out of what I LOVE! I stepped out on faith and trusted God to provide in order for me to follow my dreams. I am able to finally use the talents that He has blessed me with.

2011 also marks the end of my 20's. In a few short months, I will be entering my 30's and I couldn't be more excited. I am entering in to the next chapter of my life as a woman who is driven by the Holy Spirit, who is healthy, who knows and loves herself, and who is comfortable in her own skin. I can only hope that my story can help inspire others to live their best life and experience the peace and clarity that was intended for them.

Happy New Year! Make 2012 your best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment